Valley of Flowers
Colors are the most beautiful creation of nature. The herd of colors always attracts humans more gently. Together they scent the happiness and joy inside our mind. The valley of flowers in India is such a creation of nature where we could find all the virginity of nature & untouched beauty of Himalaya.
The valley of flowers covers Millions of flowers and extends up to 8 kilometers long and 2 Kilometer wide of the broad area.
It is the path of heaven. Yes! we are talking about the valley of flowers. Have you ever been to India? if yes then you must be aware of the fact that India is full of many beautiful places. Valley of flowers (Peoples called it “sea of flowers”) is located in Chamoli a district of Uttarakhand Located in Northern part of India.
Images from Valley of Flowers :
More HD Images From Valley of Flowers here >>
bookmark Route – Step by Step ( Valley of Flowers )
- Nearest Railway station – Dehradun, Rishikesh, Haridwar.
- Airport – Jollygrant Airport (Dehradun)
|Steps||First Destination||Second Destination||Distance (Kn)||Time||Comment|
|Step 1||Dehradun||Joshimath||294 Km||10 Hour||Travel by local Trekker or Bus/ Car. You can Stay/ Halt here.(local hotel are available at Hotel Price Rs 500 – Rs 2500 INR ) . This is the center point for all the pilgrims in this area.|
|Step 2||Joshimath||Govindghat||20 Km||45 Minute||– Travel by local Trekker or Bus/ Car. – You Can Stay/ Halt Here to save early morning time.You can stay at Local Gurudwara (Temple) have to enroll there by 5 PM.|
|Step 3||Govindghat||Pulna||4 Km||30 Minute||Travel by local Trekker / Car. *If you Reach Govindghat Before 2 PM you can visit the same day.|
|Step 4||Pulna||GhanGariya||10 Km||2-3 Hour||Trekking. You can Stay/ Halt here. GMVN Hotel is available. Local accommodation.|
|Step 5||Ghanjariya||Valley of Flowers
|3 Km||30 – 60 Minute||Trekking|
|star_rateValley of flowers is like heaven, After reaching you can roam in the entire 8 km area and find peace without harming the nature.|
Valley of Flowers
Valley of Flowers is one of world’s most mesmerizing valley. Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks are UNESCO World Heritage sites. The valley is flourishing in the middle of Bhyundar Valley, up in the western part of the Himalayas at an elevation of 3,658 mts above sea level. It is popular for its verdant valleys of endemic alpine flowers.
Trekking to the valley of flowers will excite you with different Variety of rare flowers Like Brahma Kamal, Yellow Cobra Lily, Jacquemont’s Cobra Lily, Wallich’s Cobra Lily, Elegant Slipper Orchid, Himalayan Slipper Orchid, Himalayan Marsh Orchid etc. If you’re lucky enough you may sight a wide range of Himalayan animals in the valley of flowers like Musk Deer, Monal, Snow leopard, Rabbit, Himalayan Vulture, Bhral, Kakad, Goral, Tahr, Serow, Himalyan Black Bears etc.
The trek has been done and praised by many mountaineers, botanists, and renowned trekkers in the past. Where is Valley of Flowers: Govindghat (Near Joshimath) in Uttarakhand –
Salient points (Valley of flowers) –
- Best Time to visit valley of flowers – 15 August to 25 September. open from June to September.
- Entry fee: Rupee 150/- for Indians and Rupee 600/- ($ 10/- approximate) for foreigners.
- Entry time schedule: Entry time is After 7.00AM and till 2.00PM Afternoon, Exit time is by 5pm.
- Camera charges: You can carry still camera or mobile without any charges. For a professional video camera for Indians charges are 500.00/- Indian Rupee and 1500.00 ($ 22/- ) Rupee for foreigners.
Things To Carry with Journey –
- Water resistant/proof jacket
- Warm Clothes
- Thermal inner wear
- Sturdy walking stick/ Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm (Optional)
- Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medication
- Woolen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves
- Scarf/ muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
- Small lightweight towel
- Personal toiletries
- Cap/ floppy, Sunglasses (Optional)
speaker_notesReaders are recommended to comment below for your valuable feedback –