Book by Sanjay Baru (Media Advisor) | The Accidental prime minister | Manmohan Singh | Anupam Kher | Movie Trailer | Congress Supremo Sonia Gandhi | BJP Narendra Modi | Record Visitors | The Accidental Hindu | Accidental Hindu Rahul Gandhi | Accidental Indian Sonia | The Accidental Indian Sonia Gandhi |
The Accidental prime minister – Headlines Today
- Controversy broke out over Anupam Kher starrer “The Accidental Prime Minister” on Friday, with the BJP promoting it as a “riveting tale of how a family held the country to ransom for 10 years”.
- The trailer of the film, based on the book of the same name by Sanjay Baru who served as Singh’s media advisor from 2004 to 2008, was released on Thursday.
- “Was Dr Singh just a regent who was holding on to the PM’s chair till the time heir was ready? Watch the official trailer of ‘TheAccidentalPrimeMinister‘, based on an insider’s account, releasing on 11 January,” the BJP said on Twitter.
- Watch The Movie Trailer –
- While the Congress and other opposition parties dubbed the tweet as propaganda in the run-up to the 2019 polls, conscious of not to give a handle to the BJP, the Congress refrained from seeking a ban on the film that apparently attacks Sonia Gandhi.
- Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said that “such fake propaganda” by the party would not stop it from asking the Modi government questions on “rural distress, rampant unemployment, demonetization disaster, flawed GST, failed Modinomics, all-pervading corruption”.
- Accusing the BJP of funding the film, RJD MP Manoj Jha said movies should also be made on alleged irregularities in the Rafale fighter jet deal, demonetization and farmers’ suicide.
- “The film is not accidental. The BJP opened up its coffers for the movie. It is the first time I have seen a party handle (twitter) promoting a film. Why not produce films on Rafale, demonetization, GST, farmers’ suicides and Nirav bhai, Vijay bhai and Mehul bhai? We are looking forward to these films,” said Jha.
- Coming to the Congress’ rescue, National Conference leader Omar Abdullah tweeted, “Can’t wait for when they make The Insensitive Prime Minister. So much worse than being the accidental one.”
- Actor Anupam Kher, who has played the role of Manmohan Singh, described it as his ‘life’s best performance‘. Taking a jibe at Congress, Kher said, they should be happy a film has been made on their leader.
- “#DrManmohanSingh will agree after seeing the film that it is a 100% accurate depiction,” Kher tweeted. He advised angry Congress leaders to take a leaf from their president Rahul Gandhi’s recent tweet in which he spoke about freedom of expression.
“I think he should scold these people and tell them they are doing wrong,” Kher said.
- Responding to Congress charges, union minister for Information & Broadcasting, Rajyavardhan Rathore said, “Can’t we extend our wishes for a film? Congress has been all for freedom, why is it questioning that freedom now?”
Source : https://www.dnaindia.com/india/